Today I turn 50. Here's 50 things about me:
1. I have never regretted not having children.
2. I could spend 24/7 in front of the computer.
3. I consider a soft pretzel and a coke slurpee the perfect meal.
4. Some of my very best friends I met from being a fan of Kevin Spacey's.
5. In my younger days I was a Bay City Roller fan and yes-I had roller gear.
6. Ever since I was little I've been interested (and totally believe) in the paranormal.
7. I lost 40 lbs. on Weight Watchers and became a lifetime member in August 2011. I've gained most (but not all) back and am working on getting that back off for life!
8. Loverboy is my favorite band and has been since the 80's.
9. My long time friend Gwen I've never met. We've been pen pals since we were 13! Though now we keep in touch online.
10. I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan. Both TV and comics.
11. I'm a HUGE Kevin Spacey fan.
12. I worked at Burger King for 6 years. Started as a regular employee and then became a shift manager.
13. I worked at the YMCA for 12 years. I started at the front desk and ended as the Membership/Programs Secretary.
14. I've been at my current job for 15 years - Sr. Office Associate at a county detention center.
15. I use to babysit CC - okay, they really paid me to play with her (tease, tease).
16. Rum and Diet Coke is my favorite alcohol drink. I also love Asti.
17. Hubby and I met via a mutual friend.
18. I live in a small house. I'm hoping to have a blog on small house living sometime this year.
19. I love the beach!
20. I've always wanted to visit Ireland, Scotland and England; but never have :(
21. My wedding dress cost $40 and came from the clearance rack at Sears.
22. Though I didn't have children; I acquired a stepson and stepdaughter when I got married. They are both adults now and married. My three grandsons are from my stepdaughter.
23. I love animals and actually prefer them to most people. Currently we have 3 dogs: Toby, Keyser and Lucy; 2 cats: Cooper and Joppa; an aquatic turtle: Bob; a Betta Fish: Merle2; and a foster kitty (pending us adopting her): Sookie.
24. I have 2 nieces and a nephew on my family's side; and a niece and nephew from hubby's side.
25. I have 2 great nephews on my side; and a great niece on hubby's side.
26. I'm the youngest of 4 girls.
27. I graduated in 1982.
28. I attended junior college for one semester.
29. I love to take pictures and have more than one camera.
30. I love to cook, but hate to bake.
31. I'm a firm believer that dusting is a waste of time - it always comes back so maybe it's suppose to be there???
32. I'm a Christian but not a church goer. I use to love church until they became too political.
33. Sometimes things come out of my mouth that shouldn't; but I'm sure everyone else was thinking it!
34. I have a pet peeve about people who are always late.
35. I hate cold weather and snow & ice.
36. I enjoy taking meeting minutes - and thus, it is one of my duties at work.
37. Myrtle Beach is my favorite vacation that after my first time there, I've never vacationed anywhere else.
38. When I was little a vacation was a one day trip to Hershey Park, PA. Looked forward to it every year.
39. My Mom is the best cook EVER!
40. Christmas is just not my favorite time of the year.
41. I really do enjoy Weight Watchers and think it's the best weight loss program out there.
42. CC besides being my BFF & Partner In Crime is also my 2nd Cousin (CC stands for Cousin Chris).
43. I dyed my hair for the first time ever in 2013.
44. I think Netflix is one of the best inventions.
45. My Wii Fit collects dust.
46. I always feel so bad leaving the dogs at the kennel when we vacation.
47. I'm a registered Democrat.
48. I worry more about the animals dying in movies than I do the people.
49. It does not bother me at all that I'm turning 50.
50. The dogs actually HAVE ate the sofa! Actually, more than one.